Raspberry Infinity Cake Recipe
Create this spectacular dessert for your beloved this Valentine’s Day, or better yet, enjoy this tasty masterpiece at City Perch Kitchen + Bar while you enjoy romantic ambiance during date night. They have an extensive dining menu and a wide variety of wine and cocktail choices. Here’s the recipe for their Raspberry Infinity Cake. After making your favorite vanilla cake, marry the layers with this recipe for Raspberry Buttercream and dress the cake with the buttercream. Freeze the cake and then top it up with scrumptious Raspberry Mirror Glaze.
1 cup egg whites
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups unsalted butter
2 cups raspberry reduction
1. Place egg whites in mixing bowl. Add sugar and whisk to combine. Place egg white mixture over hot water bath and whisk. Mix gently to dissolve sugar.
2. Place egg white mixture into bowl and mix for 1 minute on low speed.
3. Whip on speed 2 until egg whites are cool and reach full volume.
4. Slowly add shortening on speed 2.
5. Slowly add cubes of butter on speed 2 and mix until smooth.
6. Add raspberry compound. On speed 1, mix fully into a mousse-like texture.
7. Spread buttercream in between your cake layers and cover cake. Freeze cake.
Raspberry Mirror Glaze
1 1/4 cups raspberry puree
1 1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup orange juice
3 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 1/4 cups water
4 tablespoons powdered gelatin
3/4 cup white chocolate
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons red food coloring
1. Mix gelatin in water in bowl.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the raspberry puree, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, orange juice and lemon zest. Heat until bubbles start to form. Remove from heat.
3. Add gelatin to saucepan ingredients and mix.
4. Place white chocolate into mixing bowl.
5. Pour saucepan mixture over white chocolate.
6. Blend until smooth.
7. Strain mixture with mesh strainer.
8. Add the vanilla extract and red food coloring.
9. Let cool to a smooth pour. Don’t let it get tacky.
10. Pour glaze over cake on baking tray. Tap tray to remove excess glaze. Transfer to serving dish.
11. Get creative! Have fun decorating the cake with raspberries.
City Perch staff recommends you pair this slice with their Love Potion Cocktail. Find the recipe on Facebook @PotomacLifestyleMag, our Valentine’s gift to you!